Meeting called to order at 6:35pm by Angela G. (Chair)
Principal’s Report (Harjinder Sandhu)
- Traffic reminders and Renfrew Code of Conducts
- School Active Travel Planning program
- City committee will visit Renfrew to do survey in Oct
- Renfrew participated in the Reconciliation Art Projects held on Sep 24
- Only 1 staff at Renfrew holds a temporary position
- Pumpkin patch for all grades at Renfrew
- Equipment outdoor games, Peer Helpers, Assembly Tech etc.
- Foundation Skills Assessments (FSA) will be from Oct 2 to Nov 10 for gr. 4 and gr. 7
- Student Council 2 representatives from each classroom, theme days
- PAC will need to provide PAC meeting dates to the principal
- Parent/Teachers Conferences Oct 4 and Oct 5
Vice-Principal’s Report (Lorraine Baker)
- Scholastic Book Fair from Oct 02 to Oct 06
- Book Fair volunteer needed
- District Cross Country grade 3 and up
- Apple for APPs Fundraiser ready for pick on Sep 29
- Grads hoodies on sale
Chair’s Report (Angela G.)
- Reviewed the budget report for 2017/2018
- Terry Fox Run received $100 donations for bananas
- Garden Water System budget will be reviewed
- Selma Noon (Sexual Health Education) has been budgeted
- New York Foods hot lunch program starts on Sep 29 on Fridays $7.50
- Fundraising: Popcorn Day (once a month), Direct Donation (Feb) and Movie Night (n/a)
A parent recommended an online application to manage school’s hot lunch programs and
fundraising activities (hotlunches.net)
Executive Election Results
Co-Chair: Angela G./ Vacant
Treasurer: Lina L.
Secretary: Gina P.
Fundraiser: Angela C.
Member(s) at Large: Susie Q. and Rachel C.
Angela C. adjourns meeting at 7:15pm
© Renfrew Elementary School PAC
3315 22 Ave E Vancouver, BC V5M 2Z2, Tel: (604) 713-4851 Fax: (604) 713-4854