Meeting is called to order by Colleen T. at 6:40pm
Previous minutes are reviewed and motioned to adopt by Jaylene T, seconded by Michelle W.
Motion to adopt the agenda, Melanie H., seconded by Ed H.
- Review of Hot lunch program – approx. 100 orders a week
- PAC will be doing hotdog on sports day – already 300 orders
- Teacher appreciation lunch moved from June 10 tbd at later date.
- Parent education days not well attended – suggestion made to send out a survey to see what parents are interested in.
- Clothing drive on is on now. So far we have 45 bags – we need 75 – still lots of time.Fun Fair is planned for Friday June 20, 2014
- Planning is going well – weather permitting will be outside
- 15 parent volunteers so far
- Committee plans to reach out to grade 7’s for running the games
- Notice to go out Tuesday May 20, 2014 for notice and call for volunteers
- Hugh reminds that teachers are in job action and will not be involved
- iPad budget carried over from last year
- Grade 7 grad money to be paid to the school
- SPC $ to go to aboriginal day $250
- Motion to adopt the treasurers report by Melanie H., seconded by Carey D
- Thank you to School Plan Committee—Kevin, Banu, Yuki, Colleen
- Review of recent safety drills—code Yellow and Fire Drill
- Job action update
- PAC funded Fieldtrips—Big THX! Swimming; Kayaking’ Art Gallery; Playland·
- Great Welcome to Kindergarten—THX Colleen for attending
- Sports Day—events until 2 pm, supervision until 3.
- Aboriginal Day June 13 Lots of Festivities planned
- Small playground swings recently removed. Checking with VSB as to what can still be kept and how much replacement swings would be
- Floors to be replaced on main level during summer. Daycare will be at Norquay as school willneed to be closed all summer
- Update on recent Code Yellow by Selma S.
- Ability to save the small playground structure is discussed. Hugh will contact VSB again to get some information.
- Proposed 2014/2015 budget is presented and discussed
- Playground money to come from the gaming account and we have 2 years to come up with the cash. Fundraising ideas are discussed. Suggestions made of Walk-a-thons.
- Discussion regarding Saleema Noon presentation on proposal
- Kerry presented updates from the LGBT Policy revision meeting he attended at VSB.
- Concerns were mainly regarding the lack of non-medical professionals on-site to aid LGBT kids and parental involvement.
- There were discussions regarding child self-diagnosis, stats and misdiagnosis
- Questions were posed on who is the advocate teacher or parent.
- Changes to policy mostly around safe environment for all students, washrooms etc.
- Not much was decided or resolved.
- Will put a link to the policy on the PAC website for parents
- April fundraiser was not successful with only 9 orders totaling $564
- Profits from hot lunch $300-400/month
- Expectations for the upcoming fun fair - $500. This year will be open to the public.
- Notice for fun fair to go out May 20, 2014
Meeting adjourned at 8:10 by Colleen T., seconded by Jaylene T.
© Renfrew Elementary School PAC
3315 22 Ave E Vancouver, BC V5M 2Z2, Tel: (604) 713-4851 Fax: (604) 713-4854