Yuki called the meeting to order @ 3:25
Introduction of all in attendance
Yuki adopts agenda, Jennifer H. seconds
Yuki adopts previous minutes, Rebecca S. seconds.
- Hot Lunch – Meriel has stepped down due to health issues. The Lunch Lady service will no longer be in effect. Orders will be refunded directly from the Lunch Lady.
Hot lunch will resume in May. We will be bringing back old favorites and we will be asking for volunteers.
- Fun Fair – we are asking for volunteers to help with the fair, please leave a note in the PAC box in the office or contact email@example.com.
Volunteers will be needed for games, selling tickets, selling food items, and cake walk. Shifts will ½ hr in length, longer if parents have the availability.
The fair will occupy both the big gym and the multi-purpose room and include part of school driveway.
All funds raised will go towards technology, replacement of sports equipment, replacement of musical instruments, classroom needs.
- Clothing Drive – Next clothing drive will be held in May.
- Melanie and Kevin – Montessori Reps
- How should the remaining balance of $3069.08 be spent?
Parents have agreed that the funds should be spent towards the original intent of the donations where $1500 would go towards materials and the other $1500 would go towards continuing education such as guest speakers.
- Run-a-thon was a huge success-- $6000 raised and also a great community event
- Computers have been ordered (30 new computers for the lab)
- Dance Program was excellent and having two weeks was wonderful—THX PAC for funding one week
- Report Cards and conferences done for Term Two and now on to Term 3
- School Planning Committee met and heard about how we are doing on present goals and discussed future goals. SPC Planning Day April 27. Still waiting for updates from VSB for District goals—most likely will be Aboriginal and Literacy.
- Recent wonderful news report, in the French newspaper La Monde, about our Social Emotional programs at Renfrew School
- Ready, Set Learn and Welcome to Kindergarten programs starting this month.
- K enrolment very strong for this next year (2 ½ classes!)
- Talent Show Mar 2-5 was lots of fun and we have lots of talent!
- Lion Dance for Lunar New Year was a great event.
School Fees report to PAC: VSB $25 school fee, $5.00 planners and $10.00 math work book for some classes.
Transit Plan vote information from VSB Trustees for parent information (at school this is not discussed in classes unless it is a teaching activity with both sides presented for students to learn about).
- Ms Heather Main is looking for 3 evenings for 1 ½ hrs in April, May or June or next fall in September, October or November. The parent education night would be about social/emotional learning. Staff would join us. These evenings would support the food bank or Christmas hampers.
- Saleema Noon presentation was discussed
- Steve suggests more translation for non-english speaking parents to keep all parent and guardians informed about school activities.
- The PAC executive structure will be adapted to include representation from Montessori parents and neighbourhood parents.
- Parents would like to see more email notifications.
- Parents would like to see a Classroom parent or Class Rep
Meeting Adjourned at 5:25pm by Janet T.
© Renfrew Elementary School PAC
3315 22 Ave E Vancouver, BC V5M 2Z2, Tel: (604) 713-4851 Fax: (604) 713-4854