Meeting called to order at 6:35pm by James B. (Chair). All in attendance introduced themselves. James motions to adopt agenda, seconded by Colleen T. (Fundraiser). Minutes reviewed; James motions to adopt minutes, seconded by Esther B. (Vice-Chair).
Chair’s Report (James B.)
- Easter Egg Hunt: Thank you to all the volunteers who made this fun event happen.
- Library Book Fair: Record sales; thank you volunteers.
- Playground Opening Ceremony: Friday, March 15 @ 2pm (cake served).
- Playground Rebate: VSB has rebated us $3,556.62 from September’s initial estimate.
- School Planning Council (SPC): Focus on math for next school year.
- Bylaw Committee: Discuss possible changes to our Bylaws. (April 3rd @ 6:30pm)
- Potential Fundraiser(s): Bagged whole bean/ground gourmet coffee sale and movie night.
- Clothing Drive: All April long. Donated clothes to go to receiving area of school.
- Hot Lunch: 3 left this school year with next slated for April 16th.
- AGM: Executive elections and new budget adoption. (June 5th)
- Literacy Fund: James motions to increase our annual budget by $2,000 for resource material applicable to the entire school.-motion carried.
- Miscellaneous: James motions to increase our annual budget another $2,000. Members give Executives discretionary power to decide where these funds will be allocated.-motion carried.
Fun Fair (Colleen T.)
- Family fun, food, and games!
- Price - $1 per game. (April 18 @ 3-7pm).
Treasurer’s Report (Nancy V.)
- $3,052.20 of $11,750.00 budget remains this school year; while we have spent $8,697.80.
- With the approval of the two new motions, the updated 2012-13 budget is $15,750.00.
Principal’s Report (Hugh Blackman)
- Dance: With Joanne Fetchko, students loved program and learned a lot in one week. Over 200 parents attended production.. 2 weeks is the plan for next year (hope PAC can support next year).
- Computer Plan: 6 new computers for teacher/staff work stations in library, staffroom, office. Replace lab computers and move the old ones to classrooms. Wireless should be in by next year.
- Garden: Opportunity to build two more beds - possibly PAC can fund new project.
- Literacy: Teachers and students are happy that PAC is supporting Literacy needs for Home Reading and novel sets.
- SPC: Thanks members Elizabeth, Colleen and James.
- Movie Licensing Info: New terms with VSB...PAC can show movies and charge for the viewing!
- New VSB term for dual track schools: Neighbourhood and District program
- School Projection: 350 Neighbourhood, 65 District Montessori, 15 District Life Skills and Special Rem. = 430 students for next September.
- VSB Budget Shortfall: Was projected at 24 million, now down to 10 million.
- Parking Lot/Driveway Issue: Anne Lee (Facilities) recognizes problem and is determining what VSB can do.
- Japanese food suggested as Hot Lunch choice.
James adjourns the meeting at 7:45pm, seconded by Esther.
© Renfrew Elementary School PAC
3315 22 Ave E Vancouver, BC V5M 2Z2, Tel: (604) 713-4851 Fax: (604) 713-4854