Meeting is called to order at 6:35pm.
- School Active Travel Planning
- Top Concerns
- Rupert and 22nd
- Speed/Volume on 22nd
- Cassiar Street and E 22nd – flashing crosswalk
- Back Alley
- Student Learning Grant
- Intermediate purchases – iPads, novel sets, resource kit for reading and writing, French resources, Robotics kit
- Primary purchases – iPads, indigenous resources, novel set, DVDs
- Kindergarten registration happening now.
- Neighbourhood enrollment up to 55.
- Montessori intake as well.
- Staffing – Ms. Kawaguchi has retired. Joanne Lambert will be replacing her. We have Monica Moody from Alberta to the end of the school year.
- Will be looking for new hires in Edmonton
- Looking into new ways for getting kids outside. Ideas for rainy day activities.
- Upcoming Events
- Windermere community programs
- Girls soccer
- Book Fair
- Student Led Conferences
- Jan 29 – curriculum implementation day
- Feb 12 – Family Day
- Feb 19 – Pro Day
- Upcoming Montessori parent information day
- Ready Set Learn starting Friday
- Spring Fever led by Student Council starting this Friday
- Student Council also selling Spirit Wear
Vice Principal’s Report
- School Wide Fitness – fun dance instead of running due to weather
- 40 students signed up for library monitors
- Rainy Day Activity – reading in library
- Book Fair – Feb 6,7,8 – volunteers needed
- Hot Lunches - $700
- Popcorn Sales - $200
- Poinsettia Sale - $515
- Direct Donation Drive - $4165
- Looking into new hot lunch providers
- Jelly Bean Count during Book Fair
- Popcorn Sale Feb 16th
- West Coast Seed Sales during February
- Possible manure sale, fitness fundraiser, spring bbq/social
Motion to adopt minutes motioned by Maya, Lina/Angela second.
Meeting adjourned at 7:55pm
© Renfrew Elementary School PAC
3315 22 Ave E Vancouver, BC V5M 2Z2, Tel: (604) 713-4851 Fax: (604) 713-4854