Renfrew PAC Meeting
January 13, 2015 Minutes
Meeting called to order at 7:05 pm by Janet T. and Yuki T.
All in attendance introduce themselves.
Janet T. motions to approve previous the minutes, seconded by Emily H.
Janet T. motions to adopt the agenda, seconded by Emily H.
- Updates: The playground had now been installed
- Babysitting: 7 students completed the course in November. We will be offering it every other year as the minimum class size is for 6 students.
- Breakfast with Santa and the Winterfest Concert: Thank you to everyone who helped out. Many wonderful comments from parents and families.
- Hot lunches: The Lunch Lady will provide lunches every Friday starting January 23rd. Online order cut off will be on Mondays of the same week and paper orders are due on January 14th. Lunches for next term will be from April-June, information to follow.
- Montessori Account and Sub committee: Melanie has volunteered to be Montessori Rep. Dual track programming at Renfrew. According to the School Act, there is one PAC at a school. Subcommittees can be formed. Accounts under PAC for transparency. An elected position will be created and voted on at next AGM.
- SPC (School Planning Council): 3 people to be elected, planning goals, 2-3 meetings, February, March and to finalize in May. Thank you SPC Reps, Laura, Angela and Susie.
- Direct Donation: Not enough time this year. Will be supported next school year, starting in September.
- Fun Fair: Will be held on April 30th 2015, from 3:30 to 6:30. The event will be open to the community. There are some supplies left over from last year. Looking for volunteers for prizes, donations advertising, signage, ticket sales, running games, silent auction, raffles, set up and tear down.
- Clothing Drive: The next one will be held in May.
- Waiting for these payments to go through the accounts (blue reading bags and students computers for the library).
- Blue reading bags were voted on and added to this year’s budget by executives ($465).
- Fundraisers since September:
- Cookies, Pies, Teas, and Coffee: $1355.81
- Clothing Drive: $726.00
- Popcorn Sale: $154.63
- See budget report to see status as of January 13, 2015
Principal and Vice Principal Report
- Wonderful Winter Concert in December – Donation box - $600.00
- Term One Reports went home in December. Students working hard on Term two and Student Conferences coming up — first week of Feb.
- Very successful Breakfast with Santa – positive feedback, raised over $1000.00 towards technology
- BC Dairy cow and calf visit
- PAC funded concerts -Taiko Drumming and Will Stroet
- Upcoming week of Dance Program (Thx PAC support)
- Lunar New Year Event and Lion Dance Feb 27
- PAC funding for Library computers— thanks!
- Emerging Computer replacement plan— District providing iPad cart and 15 iPads
- New swing set being used. Thx PAC
- VSB Painting of school (old building classrooms and hallways) looking great
- New flooring coming soon for Multi-purpose room
- Parking and driveway safety— new crosswalk lines, signage and supervision increased for area— very few parents driving in or double parking— some Jay walking still
- Book Fair coming up first week of February – last book fair, $800.00 cash and $300.00 book credit
- FSA starting soon for grade 4 and 7 plus Satisfaction surveys for staff, parents and students (gr. 4 and 7)
- Recent visit from District Social Responsibility Manager and President of North America Education organization on Systems Thinking in Schools. They praised our school as an exemplar in SEL
- Upcoming visit by Vice Chair and School Trustee, Janet Fraser, this Friday
- Final Montessori visitor day for K program on Friday. Our K numbers are strong for next year.
- Out of School programs— WCP Second Term registration tomorrow; new Lacrosse and Arts program starting; Collingwood gym games program; Math and Reading Buddies; One-to-One Reading Program; Adult ELL Classes
- Intermediate Basketball Intra Mural program starting (at lunchtime)
- Ms Visser will start Marafun
- Digital Life and Your Child will be held Tuesday, February 10, 2015 in the library
- Thank you to Emily for support with the website
- Thank you to Janet for organizing clothing drive
- Thank you to Yuki in supporting online services
- Thank you to Jaylene and her daughter for donating $400.00 to Renfrew music
- Saleema Noon: Are parents interested in this presentation? Cost will be between $900.00 and $1200.00. This includes a parent night and workshops to include the entire school, K-7.
Motion to adjourn meeting by Janet T. and Yuki T. and seconded by Jaylene @ 8:40pm
© Renfrew Elementary School PAC
3315 22 Ave E Vancouver, BC V5M 2Z2, Tel: (604) 713-4851 Fax: (604) 713-4854