Meeting called to order at 3:30pm by James B. (Chair), seconded by Rebecca S.
James B. moves to adopt agenda. Minutes reviewed, James B. motions to adopt minutes, seconded by Rebecca S.
Chair’s Report: (James B.)
- Calendar: Next hot lunch Jan 29/13; Feb 8th Lion Dance performance.
- Library Book Fair: Feb 13/13 set up date; parents volunteers needed; book fair will run Feb 14-21st.
- Volunteers: parent volunteers requested for clean up and organization of various storage spaces/rooms in the school.
- Parent presentation: Heather Main (Area Counselor) has arranged for a parent presentation ‘Friends for Life’- a district wide. program used at Renfrew to support students with anxiety; everyone welcome - March 6th.
- Playground Update: 3rd and final phase on site and will be installed weather permitting; official opening to occur in the future; benches also ordered-3 for playground and 4 by the outdoor garden for an outdoor classroom.
Treasurer’s Report (Nancy V absent; James B. presented)
- Approx. $1400 remaining in our $10,000 budget for this year.
- Budget includes recent purchase of 6 new iPads for the library and 2 school wide performances; James B. made a motion to the members to increase our annual budget by $1,750 to pay for 2 more future school performances-motion carried.
Principal’s Report (Hugh Blackman)
- School Planning Council-school goal this year is writing; James reviewed PAC bylaws for parent appointment to the SPC.
- New Renfrew website and twitter account-check them out!
- PAC/Montessori program update and review of progress.
- Student numbers projected for next year is 430
- Plans to advertise Renfrew/Collingwood news and daycares for new Ks.
- New classroom furniture exchange for old desks (free through VSB organized).
- Staff appreciative of school performances and PAC support.
- FSA proceeding with goal of ‘parent choice.’
- Code red/yellow preparation/drills.
- Sound-proofing of boys and girls basement-looking for parent support.
- Spring Carnival-looking for approx. 16 volunteers to organize/run event.
- Lunchroom behaviour-questions about procedures with students talking in the lunchroom/dismissal from lunch based on eating/clean up.
- To accommodate the ‘Friends for Life’ presentation, PAC has moved our next meeting from March 6th to March 13th @ 6:30pm.
James B. adjourns the meeting at 5pm, seconded by Sue M
© Renfrew Elementary School PAC
3315 22 Ave E Vancouver, BC V5M 2Z2, Tel: (604) 713-4851 Fax: (604) 713-4854