The meeting was called to order at 6:40 pm by Emily H.
Janet T. moved to approve the minutes from the previous meeting. Rachel C. seconded. The motion was approved.
Rachel C. moved to adopt the agenda for today’s meeting. Jaylene T. seconded. The motion was approved.
- Chair's Temporary Leave: Stephen C. will be on temporary leave until the end of March. During his absence, Emily H. will act as interim chair.
- Hot Lunch: The PAC Exec has contracted New York Foods to continue providing Renfrew’s hot lunches for term 3. Rachel C. and Angela G. have overseen the arrangement and tweaked the menu. The sign-up sheets will be handed out shortly.
- Sports Day Food: New York Foods will be providing pizza and hot dogs on Sports Day on May 19th. The PAC will be giving away free freezies to the students. Parent volunteers are requested.
- Direct Donation Drive: We raised $4725. Tax receipts haven’t been received yet from the VSB. • Dance Show Donation Box: We raised $228.10 at the dance for the primary grades. A second donation box will be set up for the dance for the intermediate grades.
- Clothing Drive: As of today, we have received 143 bags. We have already reached the minimum to ensure we receive $3 per bag. The clothing drive ends at the end of this week. The PAC also wishes to thank Yuki T., Janet T. and Jaylene T. for all their volunteer time.
See report. Also, note that the PAC has already raised the same amount as last year (over $15,000 including our gaming grant which is $20 per student) and we still have to collect the funds from our term 3 hot lunch, clothing drive and second dance show donation box.
- Dance Weeks: Two weeks of dance have been fantastic! PAC and school split cost
- Recent performance: Boris World Music funded by the PAC. Thx PAC
- Thx PAC: Lots of fieldtrips, class funds
- Student Led conferences done and reports fast approaching
- Basketball season 2 teams and lunchtime games
- WCP Term 2 programs: very popular but need to address sign up and who programs are for. Funding meant to be to support vulnerable students—definition. Privacy
- Walkathon update
- Renfrew Tech Plan: new LCD projectors and iPad for each class and Apple TV. Some used laptops.
- Plan for future to raise funds for 15 more iPads for student use. (great apps for ELL, LAC and Special Needs).
- Sports Day lunch: Hot Lunch Colleen
- T-Shirt spirit wear: Kevin parent idea (Tyee and other schools do this)
- Break in increased security: Facilities would like PAC to approve Mosquito high pitch noise deterrent 10pm- 6 am. The motion was carried.
- Long Term Facilities Review: website
- Strategic Plan process: website
- Enrollment projections: 299 Neighbourhood and 134 Montessori = 433 K numbers strong and showing we are building!
Popcorn Day: The PAC Exec is thinking of holding one or two Popcorn Days. The goal is simply to have an event that’s fun for the students especially since we will not be having a Fun Fair this year. From the parents at the PAC meeting who’ve done this kind of event before, it was recommended to buy pre-bagged popcorn and small bags for the kids.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:40 pm by Emily H.
© Renfrew Elementary School PAC
3315 22 Ave E Vancouver, BC V5M 2Z2, Tel: (604) 713-4851 Fax: (604) 713-4854