Last Updated: February 28, 2017
The Renfrew Elementary School Parent Advisory Council (Renfrew PAC) is a group of parents who are working together to fundraise for our kids' activities, provide helpful information sessions for parents and provide money to buy computers, equipment and any other educational tools that will enrich the experience of the students of the school. All parents and guardians of Renfrew students are welcome to join us. The school is located in Vancouver at Rupert Street and East 22nd Avenue.
West Coast Seeds Orders Due Mar 7
There's still time to get your orders in for West Coast Seeds. The PAC is selling a variety of seed options including vegetables, herbs and flowers! Cash or cheque orders only please. Simply fill out the form linked below and make your cheque payable to Renfrew SCA and then drop your order in the labeled box just outside the main office. Seed orders will be distributed when we return from Spring Break. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Minutes from the Jan 23 Meeting Posted
Some highlights include:
- With the school's student learning grant, the school purchased iPads, novel sets, resource kits, a robotics kit, indigenous resources and DVDs
- Neighbourhood enrollment is up to 55
- Ms. Kawaguchi has retired. Joanne Lambert will be replacing her. We have Monica Moody from Alberta to the end of the school year.
- The PAC raised the following recently: hot lunches $700, $200 popcorn sales, $515 poinsettia sale, $4165 direct donation drive
- Possible manure sale, fitness fundraiser and spring bbq/social
View the full minutes here.
Book Fair Volunteers Needed (30 min to 1 hour shifts)
The school will be hosting a Scholastic Book Fair on Feb 6-8. The vice-principal is looking for volunteers in particular for shifts from around 8:20 am to 9:00 am. If you have time, please contact the school at (604) 713-4851.
Popcorn Day on Feb 16
We'll be having another popcorn day on Friday, February 16th at recess provided by Kernels. The cost will be $1 per bag. We bought way more this time as it was so popular last sale.
PAC Meeting on Jan 23
A reminder that our first PAC meeting of 2018 will be held on Tuesday, January 23rd at 6:30 at the school. Free babysitting is provided. All parents and guardians are welcome to attend.
PAC Meeting - Nov 14
The meeting minutes have been posted for our November 14 PAC meeting. Highlights include:
- Kindergarten registration now open
- Student council selling moustaches for prostate cancer awareness
- Body Science Workshops by Saleema Noon will be held on April 9, 11 and 12
- The school will be receiving $32 per student from a government grant
- The school received $800 for the book fair
- The PAC raised $445 for our apple fundraiser
- The Pumpkin Patch event earned $355.60
- The Direct Donation drive raised $3899.72 (Thanks for your donations!)
Winter Fundraiser - Poinsettias for Sale
The winter fundraiser is well under way! This holiday season we have wonderful poinsettias in red, pink and white to be purchased, as well as tropical planters and wreaths.
Thank you to all families who support the Renfrew PAC and its fundraising initiatives. All funds raised go back to helping Renfrew students. To receive your wonderful holiday poinsettia complete your order form and return it with your payment to the box at the school office (Cheques payable to Renfrew SCA).
Please visit renfrew.growingsmilesfundraising.com to place online orders. Orders are due by November 29. Poinsettia pick-up date has been set for December 12.
Popcorn Day - Nov 17
Delicious butter salt popcorn from Kernels will be on sale at recess for just $1 per bag. Limit of 1 bag per person until the line up is cleared up.
Direct Donation Drive - All of Oct
It is that time of year where the Renfrew PAC is initiating its Direct Donation Drive. Last year, the Direct Donation Drive was a huge success. From now until October 31, 2017 we are looking to you again to reach our goals to make this fundraiser a success.
Learn how to donate to the direct donation drive here.
PAC Meeting - Sept 28
The first PAC meeting of the school year was held at the school. Minutes have been posted here. Some highlights include:
- Renfrew will host a pumpkin patch for all grades
- Foundation Skills Assessments (FSA) will be from Oct 2 to Nov 10 for gr. 4 and gr. 7
- New Student Council to be created with 2 representatives from each classroom
- Scholastic Book Fair from Oct 2 to Oct 6 (Volunteers needed, contact the school)
- Grad hoodies on sale
- Selma Noon (Sexual Health Education) has been budgeted
- New York Foods hot lunch program starts on Sep 29 on Fridays $7.50
- Fundraising: Popcorn Day (once a month), Direct Donation (Feb) and Movie Night (n/a)
All parents and guardians are encouraged to attend PAC meetings. Free babysitting is provided as well as snacks and drinks. It's a great opportunity to meet other parents, the principal and the vice principal. You also get to have a say in how the PAC's funds will be used for at the school. If you have any questions about the school, this is also a great chance to ask them at the meeting.
Parent Coffee and Tea - Sept 7
We invite parents, grandparents and guardians of Renfrew students for a coffee, tea and snacks in the multi-purpose room from 8:30 to 10:00 am on September 7. This is a great chance to meet some members of the PAC executive as well as other parents, etc. too. In particular, if you're new to the school, it's a great opportunity to ask questions and find out what the PAC has planned.
2017-18 PAC Exec (updated Oct 2):
Chair: Angela G., Maya T.
Treasurer: Lina L.
Secretary : Gina P.
Funding Chair: Angela C.
Communications: Emily H.
Member-At-Large: Susie Q., Rachel C.
DPAC Representative: vacant
View our News Archive